Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Remainder of June and July so far...

Have been PAINFULLY slow here in the Great Lakes region. The temps have been somewhat chilly for July, and June, as a whole has been pretty wet. As for severe wx...practiaclly non-existent. A few high elevated T-stms, and lots of precip...

I am guessing the El-Nino pattern has a big part to play in this odd wx situation.
I am really wishing we were back in 2008. That was a BIG year for me, as it was my first in the USA, and the severe wx was plentiful... what was it...30 reported tornadoes in IN last year? Compared to this years paltry 11-12?
I have only seen pea size hail ONCE this summer, so far...

Yeah...very dull and very quiet.
I have been out chasing a couple times, and have gotten on the odd isolated storm, including a random cell in Peoria, IL...but nothing severe, or amazing has happened... So no pics as I havent gotten anything worth photographing.

There is a video or two on my You tube site, of some lightning on I74... but really... not much else going on.

Apart from seeing a VERY faint cold-air funnel cloud this past Sunday. I saw it when I was coming back from purchasing a new camera tripod. It lasted all of about a minute.

Well, I am hoping to get back out west sometime in September. We will see what the Wx brings.
I have some friends coming to visit me from OK, for the Nascar Race, then I am heading to Wisconsin after that...so Ill be busy over the next week or so.

In the meantime... send me some severe wx. Package it and label it to: Svr Wx Girl, Speedway, IN. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment